The Family & Learning Center is looking to fill both full-time and part-time Educational Coach / Tutor positions.
As an Educational Coach, you will provide one-on-one academic intervention and support for students with learning and/or attention challenges. Through a unique type of tutoring called Educational Coaching, you will help students gain the skills and learning strategies necessary to be successful in school and life. Educational Coaches use educational therapy principles to support students in areas including reading, writing, spelling, critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, perceptual reasoning, executive functions, and study skills.
- Instruct students in a one-on-one setting to help them strengthen cognitive processing, academic skills, and develop effective learning strategies
- Develop a positive and trusting rapport with students ages five through adult
- Customize educational coaching sessions for each student based on his/her academic, cognitive, and emotional strengths and challenges
- Employ a robust set of multi-sensory and active learning methods
- Rather than focusing on one singular outcome (such as raising a grade), teach students how to become better learners, both in the classroom and beyond
- Focus on the process of teaching students how to learn, not just what to learn
- Complete extensive paid training and professional development in areas including cognitive processing, learning disabilities, ADHD, specialized intervention programs, teaching techniques, and learning strategies
- Expand your knowledge of teaching tools and strategies by attending weekly mastermind meetings with our coaching team and Educational Therapist
- Communicate regularly with parents about student progress and ways to support students at home
- Collaborate with students’ teachers and other key professionals (such as psychologists, speech, and occupational therapists) to give the student 360-degree support
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or working towards completion
- Experience working with children, which may include teaching, tutoring, mentoring, or athletic coaching. Understanding of learning disabilities and ADHD a plus.
- Strong skills in writing and reading comprehension
- Comfortable with high school level math and science. Knowledge of advanced math and science is a bonus.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, professional, organized, flexible, and creative
The Family & Learning Center provides a fun and supportive work environment. The office is ideally located in La Jolla, steps from restaurants, shopping, and the beach. This is an excellent position for individuals passionate about education, psychology, and the learning process who are looking for an alternative to classroom teaching. You’ll have your own personal office space at the learning center; students come to you. All necessary materials are provided. To reward our employees for the great work they’re doing, we offer a number of perks and benefits that are listed below. To learn more about what our employees and clients are saying about us, visit: https://tfalc.com/
- Competitive compensation, including paid prep and training time
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Fitness Program
- Discounts to local events and attractions
Hours: Most Educational Coaching sessions take place Monday through Thursday during after-school hours, as well as Saturdays.
To Apply: Email resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family & Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.